Monday, March 5, 2012

Bring Life to Others Lives!!!

I'm writing this article while Im on the bus heading to the restaurant where I've established a 6 week internship at. Im currently a student studying culinary arts in Hawaii far away from my entire family who lives in Arizona. Coming out here was the best decision I ever made. I was able to get out of my own "comfort zone" and finally take action to obtain a better life for myself. The purpose of this blog is to share an unfortunate story that has completely made up my mind to why I never want to work for anybody but myself ever again...The restaurant where my internship is with has a credible name and outstanding menu with high quality service and ingredients. This past week I had witnessed the owner harassing, degrading, threatening, intimidating and finally choke a line cook with customers dining only 10 feet away from the kitchen. Not to mention, the kitchen is open to the dining area. The line cook victim is a hardworking, humble and caring individual just trying to get by and create a better life for himself here in the United States. He moved here from the Micronesian islands many years ago searching for something different. The owner treats this individual like he's the scumb of the earth and will never be anything...Seeing this take place everyday upsets me in so many ways. This only happens because the victim feels this type of work is all he can "get" or all he can be successful at...Until TODAY...My goal is to help this young man see he can be his on boss, work his own hours and answer to nobody but himself! This experience has changed my mindset even more to helping others out there create a better life and gain their freedom by choosing to do something different. I WILL HELP THIS MAN! Im resigning from this internship today...

No comments:

Post a Comment